There are two easy ways to record an outgoing call:
- Using the CallTap app
- Calling CallTap directly from your address book
Using the CallTap app
This is the safer, less error-prone way to start recording outgoing calls.
- Open CallTap and tap the dial pad button at the bottom.
- Either dial a number or select a contact to call
- CallTap will first call the service number closest to you
- Then CallTap will call the number you have just dialed or contact you have just selected
- Once the call is connected, tap the 'merge call' button to start recording.
Directly on the call screen
This is the quickest way to start recording but requires that you have previously started at least one recording (incoming or outgoing) using the app and gave your permission to create a new contact for CallTap service numbers in your address book when the app asks you for it.
- Call a contact or dial a number regularly on your iPhone
- Tap the 'add call' button on the call screen
- Select the 'CallTap' contact and tap the service number to start calling (you might see multiple service numbers, select the number closest to you)
- Once CallTap is connected, tap the 'merge call' button to start recording.